Houston’s 33 central neighborhoods reflect the diversity of our city. Each is vibrant and rich with history, personality and appeal. Using the map, take a tour through the neighborhoods inside Loop 610 to learn more about and compare their offerings, demographics, nearby schools and more.
The inner loop offers something for everyone, but finding the right neighborhood to meet your specific needs is important. As you browse the site and research each community, ask yourself:
- What is my budget?
- Am I close to work?
- What is my access to quality schools and childcare?
- Is it more important to have a big house or a short commute?
- Would I rather play in a big yard or in a big park?
- Do you want to be close to cultural offerings?
- Are neighborhood traditions and community engagement important to you?
- Does the term “up and coming” neighborhood make you excited or make you cringe?
- Do you want to walk or drive to school, work, store, library or park?
- Do you want a house, condo, townhouse, high rise or apartment?